Thursday, August 07, 2008
Well I did make it to girls camp this year and had a wonderful time as I got to know all the awesome Y.W. in my ward. We have lived here for 4 years as of yesterday, August 6th and I can't believe how much fun we have had in Gilbert. I feel such a part of Arizona and all the many freinds that I have made. Camp was a little strange as it was raining and a little cold in July in Arizona. Kadi had a great time and was able to do many wonderful things with her freinds. While at camp we went on a beautiful hike and with all the rain there was water in the creek up there and we had a nice little devotional, it was truly amazing the spirit that was felt that day and I know that there were other wards that had the same spiritual experience. I know that there were many wonderful things that were taught up there and I loved beign a part of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I think that the best thing about working with the youth is the spirit that is always there. The leader put such an emphasis on letting those kids feel the spirit! I miss that in the Primary. I feel the spirit in Primary, but not as much as with the youth.
Yes, camp was great. The hike experience for our ward was memorable as well. Loved the weather and best of all was feeling again the spirit at Lo Mia.
It always amazes me that the church has these programs that really elevate these girls above the world. They are simple programs but they really add to their lives experiences. Thanks goodness for good camp leaders!!!
Wow! 4 years. We're glad you're here, too. :-)
Post a Comment