Monday, March 17, 2008




We have a famers market close to us that I go to when I have time, well they had a great deal on strawberries and so I stocked up. My friend that lives across the street had been making jam and so I thought that I would attempt to try my first batch of jam on my own. As you can see I rounded up the troops and we all worked together and made 3 batches of strawberry jam it was really fun. Kadi and Jaimee blended the berries and measured the sugar. Kolton measured out the strawberries and was a great stirrer. He did get a tired after the sugar was added but he did great. With the help of the girls we finished in little over an hour. It was one of those reall great days the kids were all there in the kitchen, no TV no music the day was a beautiful 80 degrees and I just thought how great the day was. The kids were so kind to each other and I thought now I remember why I did this kid thing. The jam turned out great they all sealed and the jam set up nicely. Wow I hope I don't jinx it by writting about it.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Nikki said...

how fun! I need to do that with my kids, too. We go on spring break on Thursday and then my kids are off track for three weeks. I need some activities to keep them busy!

Hey, I did get the comments that Ken left, but they repeated themselves and when I tried to delete one, I accidentally deleted both. Sorry.

gr8apey said...

Hey you!!! Can you believe that I'm actually looking at these things? It's all Nikki's fault...I even have my own! Mccuskerclan....check it out. The kids look great! I love making Jam. My last batch didn't harden up real well...but it still tastes great! Nothing like it...now onto that homemade bread!

Jen said...

Yum! where's the farmer's market, we'll have to do this too! Sounds like you guys had a good week!

Arizona Arnolds said...

Look at you and the 2 little Martha Stewarts! I know the girls love to bake. That is a real talent making jam. Good Job!